How to Add a Loading Animation to RetroPie
Get That RetroPie Polish!
Let's go over how to add a loading animation to RetroPie. The loading animation will show up before and after a game/ROM is launched or exited. We'll also cover how to hide the Runcommand Launch Menu.
The following code snippet goes in runcommand-onstart.sh and runcommand-onend.sh:
#!/bin/bash omxplayer -b "/opt/retropie/configs/all/launching-3s.mkv" ＞ /dev/null &
Gear in This Video
- Computer - Macbook Pro M1 Max: https://amzn.to/3ICkcVB
- Camera - Sony a6400: https://amzn.to/3Gpnf0E
- Lens - Sigma 16mm f/1.4: https://amzn.to/3CtwDiv
- Camera Cage - SmallRig CCS2310: https://amzn.to/3Zinjbc
- Key Light - Neewer 10.6" Round LED Bi-Color: https://amzn.to/3Gpnp8g
- Fill Lights - Neewer USB LED: https://amzn.to/3GqCJ4v
- Background Lights - Philips Hue BR30 RGB: https://amzn.to/3jZCiH0